Intra - Company Transfer

The Intra- Company transfer policy is not a formal immigration program. Rather, it is a work permit issued under the federal Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).  The Intra- Company transfer Program attractive to foreign investors to buy a business in Canada and come to Canada for temporary foreign work permit Program requirement:

• The applicant should have an active business in home country (minimum 1 year in operation); Business in Canada can be new or active business; The ownership structure between home & the Canadian company Only managers, executives and key employees can relocate to Canada should be same or similar

• There is no minimum investment amount while you should have enough money to run your business. We suggest around $150,000 to show you have sufficient fund to run the business.

Eligible persons to apply for ICT work permit:

• Business owner with at least 12 months ownership in last 3 years

• Manager or senior manager with at least 12 months experience in company in last 3 years

• Key sectors with at least 12 months experience in company in last 3 years 

Beneficial of ICT work permit:

• Open work permit for spouse and study permit for children under 22 years 

• Health care

• Validity of open work permit:

• One year for new business and 2 years for established companies